WHAT IS BLINDING IN BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
What is Blinding?
Blinding is a thin layer of weak concrete, that is applied to a surface to smooth over void. The thin layer is usually 50mm (2 inches) thick.
It serves to isolate the structure and users above it from the soil below, and also to provide a stable, flat surface above which allows for construction of a structure.
Importance of Blinding in Construction
- It provide a cleaner surface for concrete.
- It provide a dryer surface for the concrete.
- It makes concrete more durable.
- It is used to provide a firm working surface on wet site.
- It reduces the amount of rising moisture.
- It is used in making up level.
- It provides control for concrete quantities when placing concrete.